From:
Greg Guthrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 01:24:21 -0500
Approximately one year ago, I built a computer with an ASUS P5A-B mobo, a Pentium 233, 96meg sdram, a Reveal 4x cd-rom, and a 4.3G Seagate HD with WIN98 OS. About 6 weeks ago, I downloaded ,installed and updated my BIOS from #1005 to #1010. About a week later, I installed an HP 9110i cd-rw drive.
All worked fine until 3 days ago, when I was backing up of some critical files to CD, and I got a blue screen fatal error message. I had to reboot the system, at which time all seemed to work fine, except that both drive D(the HP), and drive E(the Reveal) weren't recognized in my Windows Explorer. I tried re-booting, and both drives were recognized in my BIOS, but not by Windows. I've scoured the ASUS web site, and tried everything I can think of, including downloading and installing new drivers and BIOS, with no positive results. All I get is a confirmation that something's wrong w/ my primary and secondary IDE controllers, my floppy controller, and my plug and play bios.
And when I check the properties, is says that the device is not present, not working properly(duh), or the drivers are installed incorrectly.
Do you think that my M1543 chip is bad? If so, where can I get a replacement?

Thank you for your help!

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions