From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:43:58 -0500
Noel,

In order to help you, we will need some additional information.

1)  You say that "it goes through the startup process".  Does that mean that
the boot process is visible on the monitor screen?  Does anything display at
all?

2)  Are there any tones coming from the PC internal speaker during the boot
up?  If so, what is the pattern?

If you are getting some display during the boot process, then help us by
answering the following:

3)  Has this system worked in the current configuration with another
operating system?  If so what were you using?

4)  Is the video adapter part of the motherboard or a separate add-in
adapter?  And if so, what make and model?

5)  What is the make of the computer?  If not a name brand, which
motherboard is installed?  Are you attempting to overclock the cpu?

6)  Have you tried to use a different monitor on this computer?

7)  Try booting into "safe mode" - follow the bios manufacturer's procedure
to do this.  If you can do this, then reset the monitor settings to use a
lower refresh rate and lower resolution and reboot.

Jerry Rasmussen