From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 23:19:38 -0800
The one time I saw exactly this is when DMA was enabled on the hard drive in
question.  Disabling it fixed the problem.  To find out whether you have DMA
enabled, go to Control Panel, System, Device Manager. Click the + next to Disk
Drives, then double-click the disk drive whose settings you which to check (you
might as well check all of them).  In the resulting window, click the
"Settings" tab, and look for the DMA box.  If there is a check mark there,
clear it.

If DMA is not enabled on any of the hard drives, then could you tell us
precisely which hard disk controllers are being used? Again, in Device Manager,
click the + next to Hard Disk Controllers.  What is listed there? Do any of the
entries have an exclamation mark?

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]