From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:07:15 -0700
Sue Clark Wrote:
>The motherboard on my computer (Soyo P41 845PE Lite) requires
>the AGP video card to be 1.5 volts only.

If these specifications are correct, you can adjust the voltage. Providing
there is no typographical errors in the following statement provided by the
good folks at Soyo.

"Embedded AC97 Codec providing 4- channel audio solution
 On board 10/100 Mbps Ethernet function Adjustable DIMM voltage
 Adjustable AGP voltage
 Supports Smart Card Reader connector
 Advanced Management Capabilities * Software power off control, Power-on by
keyboard, Power-on by Alarm, Modem Ring On
 CPU FSB, core voltage & multiplier adjustable via BIOS
 Supports ATX12V power supply only
 Supports on-board Hardware Monitoring and includes Hardware Health Utility
to streamline your PC system management
 Supports WOL (Wake On LAN) function to simplify network management
 Suspend To RAM, Suspend To Disk"

> where can I find the voltage requirements on the card? I've looked at
>several boxes, and

Most if not all AGP cards sold today are the 1.5 volt variety. Most of the
legacy products have been discontinued or are no longer available. You may
try the manufacturers web site and view the specifications on the card you
are contemplating. The 4.0 and 8.0 are (if memory serves me correctly) 1.5
volt compliant. Again the AGP slot will determine if the card will work.

>I've even asked the salespeople at the stores where I've looked at the
>boxes, and of course they have no clue what I mean.

<smile>

>I'm not sure even purchasing one and looking at the card directly
>would help, since I can't seem to find that info on any older video
>card I have.

The difference between the newer AGP cards and the older ones is the slot.
The motherboard slot is keyed differently and will not accept the older
cards. The following information may or may not help due to the fact it is
specific according to the Intel Chipset.