Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:37:54 -0500
You can go to at least 100 feet.  I can't remember all the specs, but maybe farther.  If you're going to couple two cables, it would seem to me the second cable should NOT be a crossover, because you've already applied a crossover.  Using another crossover would either put the whole setup back to "uncrossed", or worse.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Byron Wolter

I have my two computers networked together and finaly got Internet Connection Sharing to work.  I am now ready to move the second computer to another part of the house.  I have a 25 foot crossover cable but need it to be at least 35 feet.  My local computer store tells me that I can buy a coupler and add another crossover cable to it.  Will this work?  Has anyone had experience with connecting two of these cables together?  If I do this, will I have any networking problems or will I lose speed with my internet connection?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html