From:
Dan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 20:20:21 -0400
Several weeks ago, I installed a router for the two computers in our house.
I thought I had created a network (or at least the basis of one) since my
wife's computer accesses the internet with no difficulty off my
router (or so I thought). When I attempted to set up a network through my
98SE OS, everything seemed to work well until I kept running up against the
Secur32.dll problem - I would find the file on my OS disk, on the backup,
even on the hard drive and each time I would attempt to install it - nothing
happened. Or it would appear to be installed, and then I would receive the
notice: UNABLE TO BROWSE THE NETWORK. THE NETWORK IS NOT ACCESSIBLE. FOR
MORE INFORMATION LOOK IN THE HELP INDEX AT THE TOPIC NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTER.
So I looked in the help index, found the topic, clicked on the display
button and nothing displayed for any of the sub-topics of NETWORK
TROUBLESHOOTER though other help topics would be displayed.

A friend who knows more about computers than I thought he could deal easily
with the problem. He kept running up against the same difficulty I had. Then
he discovered that my wife's computer was picking up its internet signal
from another wireless router in the neighborhood. He seems to have fixed
that problem - but though my wife's computer (also with 98SE) seems to be
able to browse the internet, there is no way for it or my computer to "talk
to one another". I want her computer to be able to access my files and use
the printer I have set up with my computer (it does some jobs better than
her printer). What's happening? How can I get our two computers to network
the way my computer networks with my secretary's computer in the office?

Any help would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Dan Crawford
Allison Park PA

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml