From:
Brad Britton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:04:54 -0800
You wrote:
However, if I change to the "windows" directory (win
3.1) and then
try to view the directory the following errror
message pops up.
"general failure reading drive C: abort, retry,
fail?"

This might not be a very good suggestion, since I
don't know that much about computers,  but here
goes.

Do you mean you can type "CD Windows" and get to the
windows directory, but once in the directory, typing
"dir" gives you the error message?  You didn't
mention whether or not you tried scandisk. I would
try that first. Then I would try to see what other
error messages you get when trying to execute other
Dos commands from within the windows directory. Like
"cd system" or "rename *.txt *.bak", ect. If you can
come up with some other error messages by trying
different commands it might give you an idea of what
to try next.

Brad Britton