From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 23:04:42 -0600
>Can anybody give me a ball park figure of how much this is gonna cost me to
get fixed at a computer repair shop?

  At CompUSA it will cost $100. Most little shops will charge $65 to $100. I
charge $100 to fdisk, reformat, and reinstall Windows and up to six major
applications customer provided, plus customize it. This takes 3-4 hours. I
normally burn a Ghost image for future needs of the customer, but don't
charge for that. That will save them money when they crash it again (and
they will) *;-)

>And.....how long should this fix take?

  Depends on how machines are ahead of you and what's wrong with your
machine. You may have some defective parts in which case labor won't be the
only cost.

  You need only bring the deck...no cords needed, no peripherals.

Later,

Russell Smith
Edtech Consultant, Journalist
A+ Certified Technician