From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Dec 1998 17:30:44 +1300
My boys have a Cyrix 233 chip in their computer. They play alot of video
games on it and are frustrated with how slow it is. Apparently it sucks
with QuakeII !!!!

They are considering spending their xmas money on a 300mmx Cyrix. I'm
wondering whether they will notice much performance gain for their money.
They have a 4MB S3 Virge video card and ideally they would prefer a Voodoo
card of some sought. I put a 16mb Voodoo Banshee in their 233mmx the other
day just for trial purposes and they didnt notice a great deal of
performance difference. So, I've suggested they get a faster processor
first and then maybe the expensive Banshee later. Has anyone some thoughts
on these points???

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]