Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:48:33 +1200
I didn't answer this one as I thought someone else would:
Basically, you have two options. The first is your common garden variety
strip connector (or series of connected power outlets)  These usually come
in a plain type, or with a surge activated cut-out, and are fairly
inexpensive.

The other type is considerably more expensive, but does a far better job.
It's called a 'UPS' or 'uninterruptible power supply' and not only isolates
the PC and\or peripherals from power surges, but also provides backup power
for a time, from it's built-in battery.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown