From:
Howard Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:19:56 -0300
Try opening the device manager and see if your LAN card is allowed to power
down from inactivity.  Just unclick the box to not allow XP to offer this
option.  I had the same problem using a cable modem with my LAN card
(RealTek).  I hope this helps.
Howard Rubin
The Computer Doctor
Fortaleza, Brazil