From:
Winston Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 09:04:26 -0400
"Alan(A.J.) Haas" wrote:

>I have a freetech P5F76 motherboard and I want to put a ps/2 mouse on it.
>There is a place for me to put a connector on it but it has only 8 (2 rows of 4)
>pins and all the connectors I have found have either 10 pins (2 rows of 5)
>or one row. I was wondering what the pin configuration is so I can move them
>around or find a place to buy the correct connector. I have tried freetech.com
>but it is under construction and every place is down.

I haven't seen a response to this one yet so I'll try my $.02
worth....

I happen to be looking at one right now,

2 4 6 8
1 3 5 7

(cable hanging down, looking at the holes. pin 5 has a "key" block)

1. nc
2. orange
3. nc
4. nc
5. nc
6. brown
7. red
8. black

(cable hanging down, looking at the holes. pin 1&2 are at the top)
 1 | 2          3=orange
3     4         6=brown
  5 6           4=black
                2=red