From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 21:41:24 -0800
I'm a little (a lot) backlogged on my mail, so I just noticed that no one
appeared to have answered this question.

The answer is yes.  Promise Technologies, for one, makes add-in controller
cards that support huge hard drives (regardless of the motherboard's BIOS
limitations) and Ultra DMA hard drives.  Their controller card, the Ultra33, is
designed specifically for use in systems whose motherboards only have EIDE
controllers. For specs, the Promise website is at

http://www.promise.com/

I'm sure there are others, but as a VAR, I've used a variety of Promise
products in a variety of computers, and have rarely run into problems.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]