From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:40:16 -0400
At 8/26/2003 03:28 PM, Tina Foskey wrote:

>Help!!!
>I just changed from windows98 to windows XP and am having trouble
>accessing some files.
>I keep getting connection to server has failed error code 0X800CCC0E or OD
>when I e-mail.  Sometimes it goes through and sometimes it doesn't.  I
>have tried all I can find in help sections to try.

This could be just a problem with timeout (your ISP is overloaded and your
local mail program times out before a connection can be made.

Assuming that you are using OE, you can increase the timeout period by
increasing the Server Timeout in Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties,
Advanced. This may help.

Also it could be a problem with a corrupted OE configuration.  See the
following link for a method to backup and recreate your account in OE.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?U2C912BB5

Doug

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml