From:
Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 03:28:01 -0400
I am having a very strange problem. I have two different network cards
installed on a WIN98se machine. One is connected to a cable modem. When I
make a change to a TCP setting on one card (DNS Configuration in
particular), it changes the setting on the other card also. Anyone seen this
before? I've already tried uninstalling everything and starting over. It
still does it.

Background - had some sort of major corruption of the system. The computer
did not recognize any cards - video, floppy controllers, or many system
components. In fact, the only thing under device manager was the joystick,
sound card, and a couple entries under system devices. Tracked it down to
Internet Connection Sharing, I think. Anyway, I got everything else up and
running except the network.

Thanks for all the help, now and in the past.

Kevin Weaver

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org