From:
David Olds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 08:42:55 -0500
This is no longer true, although I have read Toms Hardware article and agree
with it, it refers to the K5 CPUs. These were not overclockable, but the
K6-2 is VERY overclockable, along with the Super 7 motherboards like the
FIC503+, that allow alternate bus speeds, this makes it even easier. These
CPU are easily bumped to the next available bus speed. Some can even add a
clock multiplier, since Intel is clock-locking and next trying bus-locking
the AMD line will overtake as the overclockers choice. This K6-2/350 has
some success at 400mhz and sometimes much more if alternate cooling methods
are installed....as in any overclockinga attempt, nothing is guaranteed, the
odds are good....but do not at all compare to the recent success of the
Celeron 300a...

David Olds