From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 23:40:24 +1000
Bob LaSalle wrote:

> a. Do Not operate your computer with the cover removed. The cover is  a
> crucial part of the cooling system and allows air from the fan to flow over
> the boards and components that require cooling. Without the cover, the
> function of the cabinet fan is lost. This would be something like running a
> automobile without a fan belt. No fan, no water pump...... No Cooling!

Agree and disagree. first, operate without cover does solve the heat problem,
as the computer will operate at room temp which is perfect for computer
running. but this way, CPU fan will be too dusty, it may short its life. Also,
dusty is not so good for computer components.

Before I bought my extra case fan, I had to open case when my computer was
running at summer/games, now I have an extra case fan and I placed my 2nd HDD
at a 5" bay without bay cover, the 2nd HDD is perfectly cool at all time.

> c. Finally, a more effective CPU cooling fan could be used directly on the
> CPU. If the Celeron has no CPU fan, I would definitely add one. If it has
> one, try to find a fan of higher capacity, if its operating temperature is
> too high.

Add another point here, an extra case fan will help a lot with heat problem, I
found case fan is very effective to deal with heat problems.

J Qian

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>