From:
George Philp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:48:46 -0400
I was having trouble with my V Cache. Went searching on Google and found
the following solution:

Go to " Start"
Then  open "Run"
Type "Sysedit"
This will bring"System Configuration Files";
Click on "C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI "
Scroll down to V Cache and directly under VCache enter;
MaxFileCache=24576.
This for 192 MB or above of RAM,
For 128 MB RAM enter 16384'
For 64 MB RAM enter 8192

Close the program and Save Settings when asked.

Source: http//www.frugalworld. com/tweaking

PC PitStop had me change the setting for my 384MB of RAM to 98304, this
only for info only.

The Following article is from PC911.com regarding "Stack Page Errors"

"There Are No Spare Stack Pages" Error

This error seems to come up frequently in Windows 98 after
installing Internet Explorer 5:

There are no spare stack pages. It may be necessary to
increase the setting of 'MinSPs' in System.ini to prevent
possible stack faults. There are currently (number) SPs
allocated.

To resolve this issue, try adding the following line to the
[386Enh] section of the System.ini file:

MinSPs=6

You can do this by selecting Start / Run, type msconfig, and
click OK. Select the System.ini tab, scroll down to the folder
labeled [386Enh] and click on it. Click the New button below
and type MinSPs=6. Click Apply, then click OK and Yes when
promted to restart your computer..

Should the error continue to occur, try increasing the spare
stack pages variable in increments of 4 (for example 8, 12,
16).

Note: Each spare stack page requires 4KB of memory.

http://www.PCNineOneOne.com

Hope this helps.

George

                     support at our newest website: