From:
Lewis C Emerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 11:16:49 -0400
Yes, I've tried both the video card and the modem in a variety f slots,
but the problem persists.  Your suggestions about a crack in one of the
motherboard traces would be almost impossible to find, I suspect.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Lewis Emerson

>Perhaps there is a bent connection in the ISA slot you are using for
>the
>modem.  Look in the slot for a piece of metal that looks different
>from the
>others in the slot.  I'm thinking the the modem card pushes it out of
>the
>way, disconnecting what shouldn't be connecting.  Another possibility
>would
>be a cracked solder connection on the motherboard.
>
>Have you tried plugging the modem into another slot?
>

>J. Paul Jones
>http://www.mindspring.com/~jpjcet/
>
>                Curious about the people moderating your
>                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html