From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 21:53:38 -0800
The SDRAM could be a problem.  TX chipset boards are capable of using several
varieties of SDRAM, while LX chipsets are pickier.  For instance, the Asus
P2L97 (LX chipset) needs 4 clock SDRAM with EPROM, but the Asus TX chipset
motherboards can take *that* SDRAM, plus 3 other varieties.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]

On Wednesday, March 04, 1998 12:13, Kevin Guest
[SMTP:[log in to unmask]] wrote:
> Currently I have:-
> Very Cheap TXpro Mobo recently swop for an old Chaintec HX, Big mistake !!!
> Max HD transfer 5.5Mb/Sec with latest ALi driver, better with osr2 standard
> driver upto 10MB/Sec
> Intel P133
> 32MB SDRAM

<snip>