From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:32:00 -0400
Hi,

First you have to know for sure that the board will support the sleep
mode.  Have you looked in the manual that should of come with the board?
Does it support it?

Second, make sure the BIOS settings are correct.  There should be a
power setting and that may be in the disabled state. Usually in the
advanced settings.  You can also enable or disable the keyboard, LAN, or
modem turn on function.

Third, check the power options in the Windows Control Panel and make
sure they are set for what you desire.

Forth, I'd run the find new hardware in the control panel.  Lots of
time, it is not completely run when a new board is installed, and there
may be an issue with APCI for the board you now have and running the
detection, may correct any issues you have.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

I hope you can help me. I recently had a new motherboard installed in my
Compaq computer, I have windows 98. Since it was installed, my computer
will not go into the sleep mode. I don't leave my computer on very often
when I am away from it, but when I do, I would like for it to go into
the sleepmode, any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Sharon Jeffries

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com