Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 08:17:02 +0000
Actually this was a laptop that a customer brought in for repair. He
had gotten from bondwell the floppy required to charge the video
over, as there was no hotkey on the computer that did it directly. He
had memorized the required keystrokes after booting the computer to
access the file on the floppy and what options to turn on the remote
video.
The fault with the LCD display in this case was a defective connector
to the motherboard. I couldn't find a replacement connector, so I
soldered the wires directly on. (If it ever acted up again, it would
be time to replace it all anyhow, it is still running today !)
> Dale,
>
> Funny thing...I have an old 8086 (or is it a 286?..can't remember)
> bondwell portable with dual floppies and no hard drive that I just
> lent to someone who is starting out on computers...I know with that
> one there is simply a switch for LCD or external RGB...I hope yours
> is the same...  It's hardly been used....looks brand new ..so I think
> I'm going to get it back from him and pack it away for 25
> years....have me a JINUWYNE ANTEEK,
>
> Best,
> Bob Chapel
..snip..