From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:11:32 -0500
Susan,

When you un-installed your scanner did you also remove all the twain and
twunk files?  I've found that most of the scanner re-installs require that
they also be deleted manually to have a successful re-install.  I usually
just do a Find for twain, twunk and delete them all.  Then re-install software.

Doug

At 2/25/01 09:04 AM, Susan S. Hays wrote:

>I recently took my computer in to replace the modem.  Prior to my taking it
>in, my HP 4100C scanner worked just fine.  It is a USB scanner.  Now, after
>getting my computer back, it no longer works.  I get the following message:
>"Your scaner is currently being accessed by another application.  Please wait
>for the other application to finish or close it to allow this application
>process."  I have uninstalled the scanner and reinstalled it.  I have checked
>my connections, etc., but have had no luck.  There is no explanation point in
>the Device Manager section.  It also says that there are "no conficts" and
>"device is working properly".  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml