From:
Artmicro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:09:23 -0500
David,
    It is indeed documented that the Malay chips are better than the Costa
Rica, at this time there is a scarcity of Malay chips, any out there are
*way* overpriced. I have managed to get two for two in overclocking Costa
Rica chips to at least 450mhz, one with standard voltage. So, the price
difference of $50 between the two chips is not worth it, IMO......I have a
BH6/300a combo, also a FIC VB601/300a combo.....I have gotten CAS2 & 3 PC100
ram to work easily, but advise spending the extra few bucks and getting
CAS2.....I have had different Video cards and other devices without hitches
in both systems.....If you have any other questions I suggest you visit:

alt.comp.hardware.overclocking - newsgroup
http://www.anandtech.com

Feel free to email me off list if any questions, etc

David Olds

>Good Folk,
>
>Many of us have heard that Intel Celeron 300A cpu's are overclockable.
>
>I have additionally heard that the "Malay version" of this cpu is
>of much higher quality than a "Costa Rica version", hence more
>stable for overclocking.
>
>Can anyone confirm/deny this? Are there other relevant countries
>of manufacture?

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com