From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 18:53:59 -0800
I am working on an 5-6 year old 486DX33 with 4 megs of 30 pin ram running
Dos 6.22. This is an office PC and has special Dos software on it which
does the job required of it. There are two hard drives 500 and 100 megs
master slave running off the on board controller...... there is an add in
controller card for the floppy and a tape drive. The tape drive has died
and since the amount of storage space required for backup is so small I am
planning on replacing the Tape drive with a Syquest EZFlyer 230 mb
removable drive. Can I just run the EZFlyer as a slave to the 500 meg hard
drive..then just load the drivers on boot and treat it like any other drive
in Dos 6.22 ? Do the cartridges last a long time ...... are they reliable
.......any other issues I should be aware of ? All comments appreciated.

Mark