From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 20:36:39 -0400
I had this problems and spent 3 days trying to install XP Pro.  In the end it was some RAM that had been in the computer for some time with Win 98 SE that had never been a problem.  When I removed it installation was smooth as silk, but I spent 3 days figuring it out. There was nothing wrong with the RAM, XP just didn't like it.

Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This MS KB article may help-it's likely to be a hardware issue.
>Setup stops responding with 34 minutes remaining
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828267
>
>Javier wrote:
>
>>Hello everyone!
>> I was running windows 2000 on my laptop and decided to upgrade to windows
>>XP. The install was going great up untill the point where only 34 mintues
>>remained. From there the computer just freezes and refuses to continue
>>installing. I have tried several times already and it still keeps freezing
>>at that same point. Since the install deleted my windows files, I figured I
>>would try re-installing windows 2000 again, but when I try that route, I get
>>a corrupted file message and I can't install 2000 either. Has anyone
>>encountered this before and If so, what can you suggest?
>> Thanks in advance!
>>Javier C.
>>
>>                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
>>               articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com