From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:42:22 -0400
At 12:57 PM 10/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I have only seen the term FAT16B while using Partition Magic and I belive
>FAT16B is to distinguish FAT16 after the introduction FAT32.
>FAT16B then is the FAT16 on a WIn95B or Win98 system.
>
>How is the drive broken up now ? You have a 2 GB FAT 16 and then what.? BTW

C:\ 2GB FAT16, D:\ 2GB FAT16, E:\ 3GB FAT32, F:\ 3GB, FAT32, G:\ 4GB FAT32

>2 GB FAT16 has a 64k cluster size and is an enormous waste of space. You
>would be better off creating two FAT16 partitions C and D each FAT16
>...each 1 GB. Leave 98 on C and put NT on D or any other drive ...although
>NT will still boot from C as the system Disk.

I plan to install NT4 to D drive. I will use FAT32 (read version only) to
see other drives, but at least I still have c: an d: to write files to. I
will still use Win98SE when needed.

>Where are you trying to install NT4? The C drive ? You want it to share a
>partition with Win98? You realize the NT will not be able to see the FAT32
>drives unless you purchase a FAT32 driver ....this driver also has some
>known issues and I consider it's use problematic. If you decide to use NT
>on a NTFS file system make sure it is the LAST partition on your system
>because it will NOT be seen at all by FAT16 which will effect your
>partition lettering. FAT16 and NTFS will see FAT32 partition and while it
>won't be able to access them it will keep your lettering intact.

Is formatting the option I have???

Thanks,

Changhsu Liu

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: