From:
William Knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:21:45 -0500
Hope somebody can help... this is driving me crazy!

Purchased an FIC AZ11 m/board and Duron 800 chip new as the foundation of a new system build.  Also purchased a new case / power supply, RAM chip, and video card.  Other parts <floppy, CD ROM, hard drive> were working spares I had laying around.

Assembled system <I have assembled many Pentium systems prior to this> and was ready to go.  Powered up fine <all accessories, fans, h/drive, CDROM> but it appears no signal is being sent to the monitor.  So, I re-check all the connections and try again.  Still, nothing but a black screen <monitor is fine>.

I re-checked all the jumpers, re-installed the CPU, tried booting without various components <h/drive, floppy, CD>, tried different video cards, RAM, hard drives, etc., but there is still no signal being sent.  To make it more difficult to diagnose this m/board apparently uses some "spoken word" program to diagnose BIOS errors which requires an add-on card which I don't care to use or buy.

I don't have another AMD based board to test the chip, either. Only hint: if I hit the reset button I at least get a temporary flash or "line" in the monitor for a brief second.....  anybody have any ideas before I send this thing back?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated......

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com