From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 23:12:07 +1000
Hello all,

I have a strange situation. a client reported a boot-up problem. I
checked with the computer and didn't find any problem. After client took
machine back, he found same problem - no boot. I finally discovered that
the computer doesn't like cold temp. at client end, the computer was
placed in a well air/con "cold" room, it requires a warm up time to boot
in that room. so I took the machine back to workshop, tested it with
cooling can (which is designed for electronic device use, client use it
for expensive equipment) inch by inch. I found that when I cool down the
area around cpu (around socket 7 without cool the cpu), the problem
appear. On other computers, I tested with same cooling and no problem at
all.

How could this happen? Can anyone give me an explanation of this? I've
seen a lot of heat problems, but never seen this kind of problem before.

Thanks

J Qian

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com