From:
Nicki Gemmell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:50:28 +1300
Hi,

I run an elderly Toshiba notebook -4850CT to be exact.  Its a DX4-
100 16mb ram, adequate for running win95, office97, and doing
email away from home (which i not often).

Lately it has been harder to get the machine to boot up. The
screen does nothing, hdd ticks over for a second and the whole
thing hangs. I have to reset it and after 15-20 resets, it will go into
safe mode.  Then I can usually reboot into full win95 and away we
go.  Its a great little machine once I get it up and running.

Strangely enough, this only happens in undocked mode.  It works
perfectly well in the docking station - on a daily basis.  Does this
indicate that the psu is getting tired?  Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers Nicki

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org