From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 07:13:36 -0400
The printer and the network computers are plugged into a DSL modem?  I am not familiar with this connection.  Do you mean they are connected to a router/switchbox that is connected to a DSL modem?  Next time the printer connection is dropped try unplugging power to the router/switchbox for 15 seconds before plugging it back in.  See if the connection comes back. If so it is your router/switchbox dropping the connection.  If that isn't it, try unplugging power to the printer for 15 seconds before plugging it back in to see if the connection is picked up.  If so, the problem is in your printer's network interface. Check with HP's web site on the printer for your problem.  I've never had much luck with my SOHO network keeping up the connections with my printserver (which is the network interface for my home network printers).  Lots of dropped connections.

Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This printer is connectd to a DSL modem along with two computers running XP.
>It's run flawlessly for 2 months, and now seems to be dropping the network
>connection. I reinstalled the software yesterday and it worked OK for
>several hours today, then lost connection again. The attached computers
>retain their network connection.
>I'm going in to reinstall it again tomorrow (HP has a network only install
>that eliminates all the extra fancy prinitng gizmos).
>Any suggestions as to the cause would be helpful.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com