Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 00:54:11 -0500
On Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:12:43 +0100, you wrote:

>I've just fitted a new HDD and reinstalled W98 etc. A strange 'Shutdown'
>problem has occured:
>The best way of describing it is that "Windows closes down too fast ...
>therefore Scandisk runs on every boot up!!'
>I can provide more specific hardware information if required ... but I am
>hoping that there is a 'quick fix'?

Not sure if this applies to you or not, but a recent article on PC
World may have some bearing.

http://www.pcworld.com/pcwtoday/article/0,1510,18578,00.html

"A mysterious problem affecting certain high-speed systems running
Windows Me and possibly Windows 98 could cause data loss at shutdown,
PC World has learned. Microsoft insists that the problem doesn't
relate to its operating systems but has nonetheless released patches
to address the problem."

Ernie Goens