From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 05:14:57 -0500
I should have mentioned that I found this patch. I was overjoyed, as it
seemed to be the Holy Grail. I copied it to a floppy, took an early morning
trip to my client's nearby office (I even have a key at this point)
installed and ran the patch which
Said "Error 8", call (Microsoft). Much swearing.
I agree that this seems to be a Works problem. I'd love to get this client
switched to Access/Excel, but she is wedded to Works, which I admit seems to
do her very simple Database chores in a straightfoward way.
****************************
If other apps aren't having problems with the printer, I would suspect
Works.

So, assuming it's Works that is the problem, I did quite a lot of searching
with little success, but found the
following patch for Works 4.0 by entering:
"No default printer is selected" (without quotes) at google.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/19035

You'll have to read further than I did, but it may also work with Works
4.5 - here's an excerpt:

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml