From:
Bob Warasila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:48:57 -0400
Well I'm committed I ordered a case and power supply from pcpower &
cooling - $121.   From the Build It article it sounded better than the Antec
which with tax would have cost me $87 + a 40  mile round trip.

Next decision a MB and CPU. I'm leaning towards the Soltek SL-75DRV4 which
has gotten a top review on Tom's and seems to be cheaper than either the
SOYO or ABIT.  I've had great difficulty downloading the pertinent pdf pages
from all their web sites.  Has anyone had any success as how to speed things
up?  I first tried my home connection (56k) which was impossible then tried
my work connection (part of a large network) at a late hour (low local
usage).  This was better but I still couldn't get the whole file to load in
a reasonable time (15 minutes).

I'm planning on using the onboard audio, buying a GetForce3 card, 512 MB of
DDR and an 80 GB HD (WD?)  I have an old (5 yrs) floppy drive will that be
useable?  And buying a Plextor CD-RW.  The 40x12x40 is on sale locally for
$160 + tax but I'll look on the web also.

I hope to have all the bits & pieces collected by the end of May and will
begin the serious assembly then.

Bob Warasila
[log in to unmask]  (home)
[log in to unmask]   (work)