From:
Tony Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 08:46:13 -0700
I'll try to answer from memory, as it's been a while since I ran Win98.
  I believe if you use MSCONFIG from the run command in the Start menu,
you will find an option regarding using the startup menu.  You would
have to tell that not to use the startup menu.
As for the keyboard light, it is normal for a little green light to stay
on (I believe it's the NUMLOCK light but not 100% sure.)  This is
because a very small amount of power is present in the system even when
the power is "off".  It's just the nature of ATX systems and I wouldn't
worry about it :)

Tony Mayer
Sysop
The Magic FunHouse BBS