From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 10:34:36 -0500
I noticed quite a speed improvement when I went to a ATA66 drive.
However, you do not HAVE to use it.  An ATA66 drive will work in ATA33
mode if your BIOS does not support it.  You can install the new hard
drive and change to an ATA66 controller later or wait until you upgrade
your motherboard to get the faster speed.  Just wanted to mention this
since you say that you are adding it mainly for the extra disk capacity.