From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Apr 2009 10:13:28 -0400
There are just too many possibilities here.
First, you need to verify that every card, the memory, and the PS are
installed properly and snugly. It's not at all unusual for a road trip and
the attendant moving to dislodge connections.
A local geek would be very helpful in this process. I'd also suggest you get
the power supplies tested.
If the data is very important, I'd stop fooling with this and get the data
safely secured before proceeding further.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Cody Pittman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> So i have a HP 533w and a Emachines T3958, the Emachines i got from a
> friend who confirmed it was a bad power supply, the HP was my everyday pc
> and i moved from ohio to florida, plugged it in and nothing, same thing
> happened with my friends dell in the same place.  So again i figured power
> supply but on the hp the led on the back of the supply lit but would not
> power.  So i bought a DiabloTek 350 watt supply which is more then enough
> for either pc.  So after installing it in the HP and failure, i went to the
> Emachine and had the led on the motherboard light, with the new and HP power
> supply but again no power, no spool of the hard drive, not even a fan to
> spin, nothing!  I need help! i'm by far no genius and i have two PC's that
> are at this point useless and one has a lot of VERY important things around
> here.  And my local computer store is very shady and unplugs other
> components and tells you they must be bad after they  fix something else.
>  Please Help!
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>