From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 19:05:57 -0400
What type of machine is it on?  If a laptop, you may have to disable the
integrated pointing device to make the wheel work. Does the wheel show when
you try to adjust the Mouse Properties in the Control Panel?  You may have
to remove the leftover PS2 mouse from device manager so the machine will
recognize the mouse as a wheel mouse.  I have them on all of my computers
and wouldn't be without one.  Hope you get it to work.

Doug

At 8/22/00 06:54 AM, Elliott Ryder wrote:

>I recently purchased a Microsoft Wheel Mouse. I have Windows 95, 48 Meg
>RAM, 6 Gig HD. I installed the mouse via the CD that cam with it. The
>right and left buttons work fine but the wheel is inactive. The mouse
>works fine (the wheel works fine!) on a friend's computer running Windows
>98; this product is able to be used with Windows 95 as per the box it came
>in. I have installed it as a WHEEL MOUSE and as an INTELLIMOUSE but it
>still has an inoperative wheel. Any suggestions?

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html