From:
Mike Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 17:50:41 -0600
Mark Roberge wrote:

>. Now if you have
> a Cyrix don't bother it won't work. Most processor will work at a slight
> boost of 10%. Finally the processor will run hotter, which means that it
> will die sooner. And you may get more errors than you do now. Is it worth
> it? NO! If you want something faster buy a faster processor! You are asking
> for trouble. You have been warned.
> Mark D. Roberge
>
> Mark,
I'm trying to figure out what won't work with a Cyrix?I
understand your thinking but mine is a little different.I
have a Cyrix 200+L running at 3 X 75 and have been running
it for 8 months or so with no problem.My reasoning is that
this is a $75 cpu.It is cheap enough to experiment with.At
the time I built this a Pentium would have cost $400 or so.
Mike Bridges