Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:36:11 -0600
i had a similar problem, in the BIOS section, there is a place to
enable/disable "Protect CPU if CPU fan off"  if it is enabled this is what
could happen. check to see if cpu fan is running. if it is, disable feature.
 my fan was running but for some reason it was not communicating to board.
i disabled and have not any problems since.  Also you will probably have to
use another power supply to enter BIOS.

stephen r stanfield