From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 08:23:25 -0600
At 09:31 PM 04/04/2000 , Joseph Rydzy wrote:
>Told to submit to you by Sue Sutherland, Thanks
>
>Using Windows95 with 32MB of space, a message came up while downloading
> >something off the net, no mores space left. Upon checking c drive the pie
> >is all blue and no free space. What are the consequences to the whole
> >computer and how can it be fixed? Thanks in advance.

When you say your hard drive displays as all blue in the pie, I can only
imagine that you have filled the hard drive, (through downloading files).

This is a real problem, since Windows95 or Windows98 needs some free
space to create temporary files and a swap file.  Your hard drive should
have a minimum of 50mgs or so free at all times, though I have seen
Windows run with less.   But, you need to do some house cleaning on
the hard drive to free up space.

There are lots of software applications to help you with this, but fortunately
Windows has one built in...  just click on:
START | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Disk Cleanup

Follow the prompts and it will clean out your temp files and unnecessary files
giving you back some free space on your hard drive.   If you are downloading
a lot of files from the Internet, you should consider copying these files off of
your hard drive to an alternate storage medium, such as floppy disks, zip disks,
backup tape or to CDs.   Windows needs room to open temporary files and
expand the swap file, so if you have filled you hard drive, consider ways to
free up space on a regular basis.

       Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,