Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 15:54:43 -0800
On 14 Dec 2001, at 11:13, Ken Kraning wrote:

> After a HD has been partitioned into one or more partitions and
> then an operating system and software has been added to the
> primary partition, but nothing added to the secondary partitions,
> can the additional partitions be eliminated so that there is only
> one primary partition and all of this done without causing
> problems with the installed software.  Sorry for the long
> sentence.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

  Yes.  If you've never installed anything to those additional
partitions, nothing should care about them.

  (Disk management tools in NT/2K (and so probably XP) may modify
partitions that you never use, but they always check before assuming
that that has been done, so it's safe to destroy and recreate them as
many times as you want.)

Dave Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml