From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2010 14:50:33 -0700
NEW NEWS:
  After a great deal of thought, and discussion with staff, Bob, and
I have decided that the time has come to open up PCBUILD/ PCSOFT, on
a trial bases, to a wide range of new topics. The computer world has
changed tremendously since we started PCBUILD in the early nineties.
In the 21st century, it is not unusual to use a Windows PC at  work,
a MAC PowerBook at home, an IPOD or DROID Smartphone,  a Blue-Ray
disk player that can pull files off your desktop hard drive, and all
of them interconnecting, and accessible to the Internet. The time has
come for us at Freepctech to acknowledge, and embrace this new, and
exciting world on PCBUILD/PCSOFT, and Freepctech.com.

PCBUILD & PCSOFT Changes:
  We will now accept questions about Apple computers, and any kind of
peripheral that has some kind of connection to computers. This
includes phones, cameras, mp3 players, TVs, BRD players, and
entertainment media devices. If you can plug it in, or wirelessly
connect it to your computer, or the net, then you can ask a question
about that facet of the device.

Of course, the on topic rules still apply and will be enforced by the
Moderators. If it is a hardware,  or networking question, then post
to PCBUILD. If it is software, programs, application, or online
programs, or Internet question then post your question to PCSOFT.
Operating Systems such as Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7,
Linux, Leopard, or any other operating system questions are unique,
in that we allow these questions on both lists depending on the
context. PCBUILD for direct Operating system questions,  and PCSOFT
for the applications that the operating system may come with, such
as, Windows Paint, Movie Maker, or Itunes.

MODERATORS:
  So if you drop your smart phone in a puddle, you can ask how to fix
it in PCBUILD. If you can't figure out how to use a app on your IPOD
or DROID then you can post your question to PCSOFT. If your new TV
won't connect to the net you can ask for help on PCBUILD. This is new
territory for us, and there will be lots of grey areas that need to
be explored. You can count on inconsistencies from the Moderators.
One Moderator might tell you to post to PCBUILD while another sends
you to PCOSFT. These are just the growing pains of change, and you
will have to bear with us as we sort things out. The Moderators will
make those decisions as they come up, and their decision about what
goes where will be final.  As we move through this trial we should be
able to establish a more structured policy. Think of this time as a
Freepctech, PCBUILD/PCSOFT Beta, where we are inviting everyone to a
front row seat. We believe that when  all the problems shake out, we
will be left with a more dynamic, interesting site, and lists that
will greatly benefit our readers, and subscribers.

This is an exciting time for computing, and a exciting change for the
lists. We ask that you bear with us, as we struggle through these
changes to a far more inclusive, interesting, and exciting
PCBUILD\PCSOFT, and Freepctech.com.

Mark Rode, [log in to unmask]
Bob Wright, [log in to unmask]
LIST OWNERS PCBUILD \ PCSOFT