From:
Patrick Macaspac <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:47:16 -0700
The router and the laptop is connected bu\y wires, before trying to connect the laptod to the router, this is the basic troubleshoooting process, first, check your LAN card / modem if ther are working properly and enabled. You can check the status of the device on the Device Manager.

If they are enabled, please enable them to on the Network Connections window (you can check that by opening the control panel and then network connections).

Make sure that the cables are not loose too. Loose cables sometimes are the cause of no connectivuty issues.

If you were able to obtain an IP address already, then try to connect to the router again.

Also, a good suggestion would be calling LinkSys Support too.

Hope this helps.

Peggy C <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I just connected to comcast highspeed internet. I also am a novice in the PC world as far as connecting things. I cannot get my laptop to come online when I connect it to the router. I have done the cmd IPconfig/all and it says the computer has no IP address, how do I get an IP address for the laptop which is a Compaq presario 900 bought in 2003 operating sys is Windows XP with 256RAM
my router is Linksys 4 port hardwired.
I would appreciate any help I can get thank you Peggy

support at our newest website:
http://freepctech.com

"don't let them make you think you're free, people are born free, yet every where they are in chains"