From:
Joe P Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:29:48 -0500
Ron, the same thing happened to me.  I have a 300mhz and had 128MB of
memory installed and I added another 128 MB.  It was about two weeks
later it started locking up.  I could move the mouse but noting happened.
 I could hear a chattering sound in the processor.  I have removed the
added 128Mb of Ram and it hasn't locked up in about three day's and
seem's to be faster.  For some strange reason the speed of the processor
has lowered itself to 285mhz from 300.

Joe

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:32:29 -0600 Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Greetings Experts!
> I recently added memory to a friend's machine.  Now, they are
> telling me
> that (1) they can't have as many applications open as they did, and
> (2) the
> machine locks up randomly.  I received this in an e-mail just before
> they
> left town.
>
> The system, as I remember it, uses Windows 98SE, an Intel brand
> motherboard
> with a slot-to-socket converter running a 466 MHz cpu.  I upgraded
> the
> memory from 128 to 256 MB using new Kingston PC-100 Value-RAM.
>
> Should I have used PC-133 memory instead?  Any suggestions?
> Thanks for your help!  Sorry about the sketchy details.
> Ron Jobe
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.