From:
Computer9f <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 2009 14:59:39 -0500
I am also looking for a printer.  Long ago, I had a very nice laser printer (B&W), but it did not have enough memory and it was large.  I ended up donating it to an animal shelter and getting a color inkjet, which was actually a pretty good printer - I wish I had it back.  I now have an HP Deskjet 6450, which I hate; Fonts that printed crisp and clear on my previous inkjet printer are too thick and fuzzy looking.

I have considered a laser printer again, as I often use color in headings and for emphasis that I'd like to have print in color.  The color lasers are not only expensive, they are huge.  I may print the equivalent of 5 to 30 sheets in a month and I'm concerned that the laser cartridges would dry up before I use up the ink.

I don't know how to shop because the stores have "samples" for each printer that were obviously not printed on that printer - you should have seen the "sample" for the printer I have - it wasn't thick or blurred looking at all, it looked like laser printing!  I kept thinking it was because WinXP "stole" the Win98 fonts I already had that printed well.  I eventually managed to retrieve these fonts and they look nothing like as good as even the prior inkjet I had, much less the "sample" purportedly printed on this one.

I don't print every day and I use good paper, but not photo paper.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
AnnaSummers