From:
Kevin Nowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:43:30 EDT
Dear Listers,

I have a strange situation that I thought I'd run by the experts here.  The
box is an AMD 900Mhz w/512 Ram 20GB HD running Win98se.  It has a Yamaha 16x
cd burner, DVD player, and floppy drive.  In My Computer all drives are
listed: A,C,D,E.  However,  when I push the eject button for the DVD player
it doesn't respond.  There are no cd's or dvd's in the player.  So I try the
eject option for the dvd player (drive D) under properties for that drive and
the cd burner ejects.  But then I go to the cd burner drive (drive E) and hit
eject and the cd burner ejects.  So basically, the eject command for the two
drives only activates eject on the cd burner.  Additionally, when I tried to
play a dvd (earlier, before I couldn't get it to open) it would freeze up.

Do you think the dvd player bit the dust?  How do I know it's that and not
just messed up in software somewhere?

Your help is appreciated,
Kevin Nowicki

                     support at our newest website: