Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 23:01:54 +1100
A Duron/Athlon based system will meet almost all your requirements, but just
the last part: easy upgrade in future time. You know that these days, there
is no such thing any more. If you build a AMD system based on current mobo,
you will not be able to use future 133mhz FBS AMD CPU and DDR RAM, if you
build based on new DDR chipset + new 133 FBS AMD CPU, you may not be lucky
enough if AMD has new standard. Intel is no better on upgrade than AMD, you
will get even shorter CPU "life time" and harder to upgrade from Intel. The
base line of today's computing is: get the best system to meet your needs
while keep the cost as low as possible.

Don't forget AMD is the most easy to overclock CPU on market today, I'm very
happy with my Duron 650 overclocked to 800 (with more powerful cooling, it
can go faster, but I only have a standard CPU fan at the moment), overclock
will give you more value for your money.

the most performance/price system you can build today is Duron based system.

I build systems with AMD, there is no problem yet.

Merry Xmas.

Jun Qian