From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:56:13 -0700
Stephen Nunn Wrote:

I want to format my hard drive, which has XP Home edition installed.  I am
used to formatting disks with 98SE on them.  Is the procedure similar, is
there anything I need to watch out for. Thanks in anticipation.

Well, there are several ways to accomplish this task. Microsoft has an
article you may be interested in, http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348
Which describes how to partition and format a drive and or you could go to
this site, (none other than Free PC Tech) and download either the "MS
WINDOWS XP HOME SP1" disks or the "MS WINDOWS XP SYSTEM SETUP DISK" which I
have used on several occasions with great success.
http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files010.shtml

It is further noted that, and I quote;

A lot of people appear to be unaware of the fact that you do NOT need the 4,
5 or 6 setup disks in order to install Windows 2000 and XP. A common Win98
boot disk such as the Boot Disk Essentials diskette below can be used to
install these OS's. This is what the Win XP System Setup Disk above does.
Here's how to do it:

Start the computer with your chosen boot disk.

Change to the cdrom drive.

Go into the \i386 directory on the cdrom.

Run WINNT.EXE to begin the install process.

I make it a practice to look here for help when I need it.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers

                     visit our download web page at: