From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 09:23:00 -0700
Roger,

Your question got me wondering as there should be no problem running batch
files with Win2k Pro.  You mention you are using XCopy32, which does not
exist in Win2k.  You need to use just XCopy.  The version that Win2k uses of
this program should have all the functionality of Win98's XCopy32.

As far as batch files go, I just wrote one that is backing up a large folder
from my hard drive as I write this.  You just need to edit your batch file
to make sure that the .exe and .com executables are actually part of the
command structure.

While DOS no longer exists in Win2k, you do have a "Command" interface that
works mostly like DOS.  You can get to it by clicking
Start|Programs|Accessories|Command Prompt, or by clicking Start|Run, typing
"command", and clicking OK.

Regards

Kyle Elmblade